Friday, January 8, 2010

I have trust issues, need some advice please.?

My girlfriend and I have been dating for a year and im having a hard time trusting her. Ive been in some bad relationships in the past and ive been cheated on before. I love my current girlfriend very much and i want to be with her forver, but im going to loose her if this doesnt change. I know that she would never cheat on me but for some reason i cant help these thoughts and feelings. I need some advice on how to shake these feelings of distrust.I have trust issues, need some advice please.?
I know just what you are going through. I got into my current relationship with trust issues that had been from getting cheated on in the past and just trusting serial liars. One thing I know is that I鈥檝e screwed up so many relationships because I鈥檝e let these issues get the better of me and I've messed up. About 6 months after we started going out, I got scared about her cheating. I know she'd never but it doesn't matter that you know that does it? Anyway, she saw my face and how scared I was. She stopped me and I explained everything to her. She then told me how she had abandonment issues so the more someone wants to get close to her, the more she pulled away. It's funny because neither of us had guessed the other one's problem. You just need to talk to her. People give points for honesty. It worked for me and my girlfriend. Our first talk was when we first started dating and that was 5 almost 6 years ago. We're still going strong and have 2 beautiful little girls. Just don't wait until you've lost her to act.I have trust issues, need some advice please.?
Its a matter of blind trust - whihc is what makes it such a scary concept in the first place!





I have my own list of insecurities, and I have figured out where half of em have stemmed from - a lot from ppl 'changing on me', like friends that suddenly s**t on you and just to further themselves, when all the time you thought it was some normal, harmless %26amp; genuine friendship. We are shaped by our experiences, but that also means our thought-patterns and reactions are 'learnt'. Its difficult coz these past emotions bubble up coz perhaps u've found yourself in a similar situation of where you felt vulnerable. Therefore, it helps to think of these feelings as 'then'...and to look at your current situation with your gf, look at it as 'now'..if you truly trust or know she wouldn't do that to you..then go with that trust, it takes practice %26amp; relaxing tbh. In fact, i find it helps to actually confront that feeling to myself of insecurity or jealously, by going ahead %26amp; trusting - like if she says she's going to have a drink with a guy mate, then say 'ok, have fun :) ' ...it might be diff' to say at first, but then she has this drink with her mate, and comes back to you just like before - coz nothings changed! she's still yours! so chill a bit. It does take practice, I agree that you should trust unless they give you solid reason not to. Its such a shame to let insecurities interfer with a good relationship. Learn to tame yoursef with a bit of reason and blind faith. :)
Maybe it will take losing something you love to figure out that not EVERYONE cheats. Shape up or ship out! Get your **** together. Guys expect girls to come into a new relationship without all the baggage of what their last boyfriends did to us. Well, we expect the same. We're not her. We didn't screw around on you. You HAVE to trust someone until you have a reason not to. If you can't do that, then you should be single for a while until you can get all your ducks in a row. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment