Friday, January 8, 2010

I want expert advice on how to trust people that deserve trust and where those people are.?

My entire life no one has really helped me out of an abusive living situation eventhough so many people who EVERYONE said I should trust knew about what was happening to me.





My therapist was famous for being an excellent therapist and did not help me. Everyone blamed me for not talking about the issue, but no one actually helped me move into a safe place and promised me safety.





The police refused to help me and said that it was my fault for not talking. There is now an investigation but I was not offered a safe place to live or a mental institution to go to or any concrete advice by actual therapists.





Where can I find people who do not seem insensitive or insulting? How can I feel safe? Where is a decent therapist? I have seen several and they have all been rude and insensitive.I want expert advice on how to trust people that deserve trust and where those people are.?
i wrote to the national alliance for the mentally ill for help with various things and they sent me a nice long email with various links. my topic was a little different but they are very, very empathetic there, whether you have been given the label of mentally ill or not... so far, in my seekings, which have not been many yet, they have given me some things to check out. I also heard that oprah's site has some helpful links. Abuse situations can be very EERIE, very bizarre....for starters, you may want to research passive aggressive behavior on google. You will recognize the behaviors. You will feel VALIDATEDI want expert advice on how to trust people that deserve trust and where those people are.?
There are support groups for abused and battered women. If you don't find you can talk to any of your friends, and you are finding no relief. Maybe those can help you out. Just be careful you actually listen to the people who have actually recovered and not the bitter people

No comments:

Post a Comment