Friday, January 8, 2010

My wife has trust issues, I need some advice in resolving them.?

My wife and I have always had some trust issues, however it seems that it has been getting worse. I know that I have not been the most trustworthy person, I have lied and cheated. I know this was wrong but much of it was a result of getting accused for something that I did not do. I have since repented, and wish to better my relationship with my wife, however she does not trust me and tells me that I am lying almost every day. Her exact words are: ';You lie so much that you don't relize that you are doing it';. I know that I have manic depression and have some short term memory issue that are caused by that, however she thinks this is lie as well. What can I do that will help resolve these issues? Please I need help, I'm currently 1500 miles away from my wife and she calls me 7 or 8 times a day just to tell me how much she does not trust me. I am having a hard time dealing with this and have no one else to turn to.My wife has trust issues, I need some advice in resolving them.?
Get treatment for the manic depression, counseling for yourself, tell your wife that you are taking these steps to change your behaviors and become the trustworthy husband that you would both like you to be.


Ask the counselor how to stop the destructive phone calls without making her more suspicious.


If you had stolen $50,000.00 from your wife, would you simply offer a sincere apology and then wonder why things did not just fall into place? Or would you make restitution, even taking on a better paying job that you hated, so that you could make it right?


Emotional restitution, while less straightforward, is also a part of this equation.


Take care of these things with the physical and spiritual support that you need to get this done. Otherwise, it will take care of you.


In the meantime, check out the radio archives on line from a great show called ';New Life Live';.Their advice is realistic, and they have a great sensitivity as well as a great sense of humor.


Try it, and start feeling better 'cause you are taking care of yourself, your marriage, and in the long run, even your wife:)My wife has trust issues, I need some advice in resolving them.?
This is because you are a bad husband. Just beacsue she accused you that gives you no right to cheat. If I were your wife I would have dumped your sorry butt and took all your money. She has the right to feel this way! Your short term memory thing I belive is made up and your way of trying to get out of your lying. The best thing to do is go to counseling right away. Why are you away from your wife? You need to get back to her asap if you wan this relationship to continue. DOnt do anyhting stupid while you are away. You brought this on yourself. SHe has every right not to trust you because you slept with another lady. You are supposed to be married not getting naked with other females. SHE really needs to leave you and find a real man
you guys should try counceling ,and ask your wife what she needs from you to make her trust you ,if she says theres nothing you can do you should think about leaving .no one wants to live there life that way.
me and my husband had the same problem but he did the unthinkable he flip it around got mad and didnt care anymore he asked me if i wanted him to be with somone else and he didnt want to hear about anything anymore i felt bad cause i relized i was tripppin and it got worse then it got better
get a divorce.
You need to find a way to show her that you are trustworthy. No one can tell you what this is, you will have to figure this out. Of course she will have some trust issues, i would too. When she starts accusing you, don't get angry or frustrated. Be calm, reasure her thats everything is ok. Try spending more time with her, kinda like for her to get to know you all over again.
read the peace-giver and get counseling it help me and my wife with her trust issues
You have 3 problems here:


A medical one


a difficult wife


and a past history.





It takes work to win someones trust back. That said the OTHER person needs to accept their role in causing the problem and they also need to decide whether or not they want to relationship to continue or not. Staying married just to call you a liar everyday is not a relationship worth saving. Marriages are built on love and forgiveness. You recognized your mistake and are trying to atone. If you recently committed the act this could just be her reacting. And you should expect a certain level of ';blowback.'; which is understandable.





However if it's been years well then she needs to get off of it or find another relationship.





As far as the medical issue you should see a doctor WITH her if she doesn't already know and get proper treatment. If she doesn't believe you really have a problem then you forgetting things or getting stuff mixed up won't help you with her. Because it just feeds the image she's determined to have of you.





The 3rd problem is much more critical and that's her behavior. You could address the other 2 issues and if she continues to berate you and not trust you it's just going to make you hate her and do it again. The next time she calls to yell at you ask her in a calm voice. ';Then why are you still with me? You can always leave. I want this relationship to work but for it to work YOU need to decide if you want this to work because I'm not going to stay just to be your whipping boy. PART of this situation is based on the fact you didn't believe me in the first place and I gave you something to justify your accussation. Now, if you are going to continue with this behavior it's obvious this isn't going to work because YOU don't want it to.





I feel bad about what happened but not so bad I have to be tormented daily by you. That's what HELL is for. Now we either discuss this like rational human beings and you get off my nutz and HELP make this relationship work or we decide this marriage is NOT worth saving and you can go find someone else to berate.
To Love someone is to Trust someone. If there is not trust, there is no Love. If you are at fault for being dishonest for whatever reasons, you have to earn that trust back. You have to first ask God for the strength and guidance, to do what is right. Then you need to correct the dishonest things that has happened. Then you take one day at a time. First Love God and yourself. Then everything will fall into place.


Once you have the Love of yourself with the understanding of yourself, she will need to find some trust and love in herself. She sounds like she has a control issue. You both need to seek some kind of counseling, individually then together. If your relationship is to move together. it will take time, understanding and Faith from both of you. Good Luck, and God Bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment