Thursday, December 31, 2009

Has anyone been an abusive relationship before? How long did it take for you trust someone again? Any advice?

I have with my first son's father, the advice my mom gave me was never to bring your old baggage into your new relationships, so when i met my boyfriend i have to admit i had my guard up for a while but i noticed the difference and i realized it wasn't fair to my new boyfriend that i was being that way when it was my ex boyfriend who hurt me. I have been with my current boyfriend for the past 7 years and we have 2 kids together plus my son from my ex and he has excepted my son since he was a baby.





You just have give yourself time to heal and learn to love yourself and to just let the pass be the past. Good Luck!! =)Has anyone been an abusive relationship before? How long did it take for you trust someone again? Any advice?
Hi Yes I have been in one! importantly you need to figure out why you let this person treat you like this, or would let anyone treat you like this! Get away from them NOW! I did not leave when I should have and have a scar on my arm from being stabbed. Starts with a push a shove a slap then before you know it! your a corpse! Please get away from them before it's too late!Has anyone been an abusive relationship before? How long did it take for you trust someone again? Any advice?
yes, both physical %26amp; mental abuse in the relationship i was in. i can honestly say that i can forgive %26amp; forget but will never trust another man 100% - will always be some doubt in my mind. i advise anyone in this situation to get out/get away the moment it begins. dont fall for apologies and tears after its happened, once an abuser always an abuser (harsh but so true). seek help and be strong otherwise your life is never going to be the same
i have...and it was really hard to trust someone else but you have to realize that not everyone is the same and each new person deserves the same amount of trust until they lose it for themselves...you know what i mean?
I have and to tell you the truth you never learn to trust someone fully again it takes times and patients it is something that is horrible and to tell you the truth i got over it when i got to hit my partner back and tell him to go to hell. that was when i learned that i was stronger than what he thought i was.
Yes, and after I learned how to not be a friggin' doormat it wasn't to hard to trust people again. Little steps at a time.
I have been in an emotionally/verbally abusive relationship last year. I remember all the hateful things he said to hurt me..my self esteem suffered so much too....Still today i find it hard to trust another guy. I keep thinking I'll be hurt and I'll cry un bearably all over again. I was in a deep emotional mess.





Today, well i just keep my distance until i fully know that person. Keep things friendly...its easier for me that way. I guess once you get to a certian level in a relationship, you can tell him/her the past problems you had in the past rleationship so he/she can understand or at least know what ur going thru.





It takes forever to build trust and a few seconds to destroy it. Build trust in small pieces as a foundation, then add the big chunks. It takes a lot of time to build a stable and secure building. But remember sometimes, even the strongest buildings can collapse just like the strongest relationships might go thru betrayal.

No comments:

Post a Comment