Thursday, December 31, 2009

I have trust issues and want advice.?

I was in a bad realtionship in the past, it was my first relationship. He was a jerk to me and treated me with no respect, I felt deep down I shouldnt trust him.





Now i'm with the most wonderful man ever. I love him with all of my being. I still feel I cannot 100% trust him though. He has truely NEVER given me a reason to not trust him ever. I have been with him for 2.5 years now. He is getting upset with me sometimes because I doubt his sincerity and am worried a little that he will end up cheating on me or something.





He swears he is not that kind of guy and he loves me with all of his heart and soul. Why cant I get over my trust issues. I feel like due to my bad ex, that I am scared I cant trust the one I love now.





I try to tell myself that my fiance is not like my ex at all and that my ex was a truely bad man, and he wont run my life.





I dont know what to do, I'm mad at myself because I doubt my fiance, and I shouldnt. How do I move past the hurt and mistrust that I endoured?I have trust issues and want advice.?
Wow...I could have written this question. I too have trust issues and it is something that you will have to work on and if your fiance really loves you he will do everything in his power to make you feel safe and secure. I think that when we have been in a bad relationship we put up the huge walls to protect ourselves, but if you are marrying him and he has made the commitment to you, then go ahead and try to let your guard down. He obviously loves you very much. Give him the benefit of the doubt, you said he never gave you reason to distrust him, so I think he has earned it. Good luck.I have trust issues and want advice.?
I have MAJOR trust issues. I am getting out of my marriage, and SLOWLY working my way into a new relationship. We are starting as friends, though, and going on from there. I try to treat each guy as an individual. It is hard sometimes, I know. But I always trust someone until they give me a reason not to. You have to remember who you are with now, and that he is NOT your ex. They are two separate people. I honestly think 2.5 years is long enough to realize this guy is worth trusting, and doesn't need to be compared to your ex.
Honey, just relax. I don't know if you have, but try explaining to your fiance what happened in your last relationship and what makes you nervous and/or scared. If he really understands what your going through and he truly loves you and wants to spend the rest of his life with you he will try and help you get through your issues. Just keep an open relationship and always be honest with each other. good luck chica!
You need to first resolve your mistrust issues. Is your ex the only person who has disappointed you in some way? Maybe a parent, close family member? Are you adopted. I am no shrink, but it would seem to me that your distrust issues are deep seated and you might find out that it goes far deeper than this ex. It hurts, i know that it does, but maybe you should think about speaking to someone of the professional persuasion to find out the cause of this mistrust. I do not think it is something you will be able to conquer on your own.
I know how you feel. I have this same issue due to a previous relationship.





Just remind yourself that he is NOT you ex. Remind yourself WHY you fell in love with him and WHAT about him makes you want to be with him.





The pain of your previous relationship will stay with you, but you need to always remember that you need to give fate a chance if you want to truely be happy and forget your past problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment