Sunday, December 27, 2009

Working on trust issues, any advice?

Okay I've always had trust issues due to things that have happened to me in my past as a child and young adult that I'd rather not discuss. However, I've been with this guy for two years and a month and I am now engaged to him. I love him with all of my heart. I can't give him my whole heart for fear he will hurt me. I once gave him my heart %26amp; he took advantage. He's done a couple of things in the past that make it hard for me to trust in him. What do I do? I wanna trust him. Any advice? Any websites you know of that can give me some tips on how to trust him again. We are getting married in 10 months and as I said I don't wanna enter marriage when I have these problems. We are currently going through a Christian course at my old church called Cleansing Stream but it isn't helping much. What else can we do?





P.s. I've seen two different counselors for this and neither of them helped. What can I possibly do? We also went for premarital counseling and nothing came of that either. Someone send me some help, please! Working on trust issues, any advice?
I think it's not so much you two are having 'couple' problems, as this is with you, yourself. I believe you need some serious personal counselling to deal with the things in your past - only then can you feel vulnerable with another.


You need to make yourself whole first. Only then can you bring your best self to a marriage.


Working on trust issues, any advice?
If you don't trust him why do you have wedding date set? Don't marry someone you don't trust - it will just be torture for both of you.


My advice is to hold off on the wedding until you can work this out with him. Marriage doesn't magically make things better - you have to make them better; and he needs to earn your trust back.
Why did you agree to marry some one you do not trust?





You could see a therapist on your own to determine if you are being realistic in your expectations of his trustfullness





Or you could recognize that your unease is justified because of his past. People never change
There's not really much that you can do except (sorry) trust that he won't hurt you again. I know it's hard and it takes time but this is the only advice I have. He obviously knows how you feel and I'm sure feels regret for what he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment