Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I've been dating my BF for two years and I can't seem to trust him. Advice please!?

Since the beginning of our relationship I have caught him in little lies; mostly about who he was studying with or who he had spoken to on the phone. We broke up and got back together several months later. He promised me he would NEVER lie to me about anything again. But after time, he did. Same type of things as before. He says he does it b/c I get really angry about certain things and he would rather avoid the fight.





Any suggestions on how I can overcome my lack of trust and allow him to feel like he can be honest with me?





BTW he is 28 and I am 26. NOT teenagers. Need adult advice please.I've been dating my BF for two years and I can't seem to trust him. Advice please!?
Well, do you get jealous or angry when he meets up with other girls? He may be suffocating, that is why he tells little lies. Because he doesn't want you to get jealous or start fights. You probably have jealousy issues. The best way is to overcome them.





Just tell him how you feel and ask him from now on to tell him the truth. You don't want him hiding things again. But don't parent him about it or start to little fight if he hangs out with other girls. Let him be and trust him. He's been with you for two years hasn't he? It will be good if you trust him, he will be more open. Then you can probably meet some of the other people he hangs out with.





You will see he loves you and that when he hangs out with other people (girls) that it is probably innocent. Haven't you hung out with other guys and haven't done anything? Isn't it just innocent and just hanging out? Well you have to give the the courtesy that he is doing the same thing. While I agree there are some boundaries but you can't restrict him from seeing people or getting angry about it. Or he will continue those little lies and you might just push him away.





I mean you guys are grown ups and I'm sure you know what relationships are all about. So if you just give him space and appreciate what you have with him, you will score major points. Just remember he loves you, doesn't want to hurt you, so give him a reason to trust you and not tell those lies. Good luck..
  • eye color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment