Sunday, December 27, 2009

Why don't I trust anybody? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?

I hardly tell my personal information, personal goals, career goals, life experinces to anybody.





My professors, bosses, co-workers, and friends always ask: what do you want to do after graduate? What is your plans or goals?





I am just not unfortable to talk about my personal goals. Sometimes, I don't trust people even they are nice to me. Of course, I trust my best friends and family.Why don't I trust anybody? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
because you have been hurt in the past because you trusted someone too quickly, and now need others to give you more reason to trust them. I am the same way now. my wife cheated on me and now I don't trust anyone, even many of my friends, since it was a friend I caught her withWhy don't I trust anybody? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
Sounds like you have been hurt or disappointed in life before. You don't want to go there again. You don't want to set goals and then not be able to master them. That will make you feel as if you fail. You would rather good things just happen and have no disappointment in life. Take it easy, one day at a time.
You don't mention how old you are so this could have to do with part of it. I am guessing that trust became an issue due to something you are not sharing here. I had tremendous trust issues for years, due to a lot of abuse(both mental and physical). If it becomes too debilitating, I would seek professional counseling. Even this can be daunting. But starting here isn't a bad thing..
I tend to be the same way. I think it's a ';defense mechanism';; if you don't trust anyone, there is no chance of trusting the WRONG people.


It sounds like you're a college/high school student. If you are nearing graduation, that will probably add to your anxiety because you are reaching a point where you have to make crucial decisions about your future.


I'm not an expert, but I suppose the only way around the problem is to trust a friend with something small and less important, like your weirdest dreams (or something). That might break the ice.
Maybe you feel, subconsciously (or consciously, I don't know), that there is no need in sharing this personal information with acquaintances, because there is no reason for them to know these things about you. Will they play a role in your future? If not, why should you have to answer them.


Also, you could be afraid of the criticism that these professors, bosses, co-workers, and social acquaintances have to give you.


In my opinion, as long as you're comfortable sharing personal information with very close friends and family, you don't have an issue. It is very natural not to trust acquaintances. Especially if your trust has been broken by someone before. Trust should be earned, not given freely. Of course, your family and best friends have earned it :)
I'm wondering if perhaps you have suffered mental/verbal abuse in the past from a parent or other close relationship.





After I was in a relationship that got very bad with mental abuse, i found i had trouble opening up to others or letting anyone close. It wasn't something I consciously thought about... not like ';I can't trust him/her';... instead i found i'd just pull up short and divert attention away from myself. It sounds to me similar to what you describe about your situation.





I found reading books about mental and verbal abuse helped me a lot. What the books did for me was help me to identify abuse better, the actual abuse techniques, and how to tell an unsafe person from a safe person. When you can do this, and know how to handle even bad situations, you'll feel safer and empowered, so it will be easier for you to share with good people, because you'll know they're okay, and you'll also know how to handle it if abuse or manipulation ever happens. I actually found the books to be much more helpful to me than therapy, because they were very specific and had a lot of good information.





The books i liked best were: The Verbally Abusive Relationship by Patricia Evans and The Emotionally Abused Woman by Beverly Engle, M.F.C.C.





Whatever the situation is, i wish you the best of luck.
Your human. You feel that they will use the info to hurt you. If I always try to please others and not myself what becomes of me?


Who gives a %26gt;?%26gt;? what people think. You will make mistakes for the rest of your life get used to it.


If you hurt or feel good why not show it. If people can't understand. Guess what they don't have to. At the end of the day you pay the bill.


Do what you want and don't hurt anyone. You might find a person much like others. Insecure, fragile, hurt, angry, etc..


Welcome to the human race.
Maybe you have trouble trusting people because someone somewhere hurt you...and you are afraid to make yourself vulnerable....

No comments:

Post a Comment