Thursday, December 31, 2009

Would you always trust Dr Dobson's advice ?

Dr Dobson have published several books about how to bring up children, and he even have a radio-program. WE (my husband and I) have followed most of his advice, but there are things we don't agree with. Should we follow his advice to the point, or pick-and-choose?Would you always trust Dr Dobson's advice ?
I like Dr. Dobson as well and I take a lot of his advice in but there is some I don't.





I think you as the parent know what's best for your family and not one person has the best knowledge! When reading his books there is a lot of GREAT information but I don't go by everything he says.





Use your better judgement as a parent.Would you always trust Dr Dobson's advice ?
They are your children, only you know whats best for them, any advice by anybody, no matter how venerable, cant suit all needs so go with your feelings!
Dr James Dobson is one of my favorite authors, however that doesn't mean you should follow blindly. A book is information, simply as that, read it, think on it, if it makes sense to you, then use it.
I say that experts, doctors, etc. can make good suggestions, but most times, a mothers instinct is the way to go. By all means, if you hear an idea that you like, use it. But you don't have to go by the book on everything. Parenting involves a lot of trial and error, and sometimes, what is best for one child may not be what is best for yours. As they say, children don't come with instruction manuals! It is our job as parents to decide what is best for them, whether it is through advice of someone else, or just by following our own instincts.
pick and choose what works for you. what i believe is if God said it, I'd follow it.
do what feels right for you - this guy is not god, he might know a lot, but not everything, and I'm sure he'd be the first to admit it! trust your instincts as loving parents.
pick and choose. you are the parents, you know what is best.
Dobson, the religious nut??? I don't think I'd trust ANY of his advice.
I wouldn't trust Dr. Dobson about anything.





And of course, with any so-called ';expert';, you should pick-and-choose. He's not God, he's not infallible. Use your god-given reason and decide for yourself what's right and what's wrong. Good luck!





P.S. A great Christian-based resource is Dr. Sears' books about childrearing. Also, there are a lot of Christians who practice gentle parenting, a good place to get started finding them are the discussion forums at Mothering.com.
follow God's advice!
I would pick and choose.





I am an AP parent, which means I use Gentle discipline and teach my kids rather than spank/time out. Dobson is one of the reasons I am like this. I was beaten way too much as a ';Strong willed'; child.





Look into many methods, Dr. Sears is very good. Pastor Crystal Lutton is also wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment