Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Not sure who to trust...any advice would be much appreciated!!?

Ok, I'm 24, and I'm a law student. My boyfriend is also a law student and so is one of my best friends. This friend just got out of an 11-year relationship with her fiance. Since then, she's been hanging out a lot with me, my boyfriend, and his roommate. In fact she refers to the three of us as ';her best friends.';





Last semester, I went home for a weekend, and my boyfriend called me to describe a strange incident. My friend had offered to give him an extra TV, and she invited him to come pick it up on a Saturday night. When he got there, she offered him a drink, and told him he could always crash on her couch if he didn't feel like driving home. She then told him, ';We should probably keep this between us and not mention it to anyone else, especially not X (me).'; At that point, he left and called me.





Weird incident number two happened this past weekend when she invited herself over to my boyfriend's apartment to hang out with him and his roommate. Then, the next day, she invited him out to lunch.





I trust my boyfriend completely, and I'd really like to believe that my friend is just lonely and probably doesn't see anything wrong with this (she's very inexperienced when it comes to dating even though she's 27). BUT, I find it ironic that she never calls him except when I'm out of town. That could just be because I'm normally with him when I'm around, but maybe it's something else.





What do you think?? What should I do??





Thanks!Not sure who to trust...any advice would be much appreciated!!?
It seems to me that she's trying to worm her way into your boyfriend's life. Lucky for you, he seems to be trustworthy, since you know about all of this. Keep your eyes and ears open.Not sure who to trust...any advice would be much appreciated!!?
Something sounds fishy here ... I don't like it.





Tell your friend it makes you and your boyfriend uncomfortable, if she is any type of a friend at all - she'll back off.
she likes him. keep her away from him. find her a man and make her get attracted to him and not ur boyfriend. based on the information u provided, she could one day force herself on him.
ignore her
dont do it
well how long have u and your bf been dating if i was a long time i would trust him


from what it seems shes lonly and she wants to flirt with your boyfriend


i wouldnt worrie to much if u bf really loves you he wouldnt do anything like that to you


i would deff confront your friend


tell her if i hear of this **** one more time you and her are no longer friend and tell your boyfriend dont let her in the house anymore unless your thier or move and never talk to her again
I think your friend really is just lonely and confused. It's possible that in her confusion, she thinks she's developed some feelings for your boyfriend; but she obviously knows that they aren't reciprocated. Unless your boyfriend is interested in her (which I doubt - after all, he told you everything that happened), she's harmless.





She's undoubtedly in a lot of pain and confusion from the loss of her 11-year relationship. Don't add to her pain by refusing to hang out with her or anything rash like that. At the same time, tell your boyfriend to make it clear that he's not interested. Otherwise, she might think he's leading her on - which will only make her feel worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment