Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Anyone got any advice about trying to regain trust in the marriage?

My husband and I have had a terrible year. In February I found out my husband had cheated on me and it was very heartbreaking. After a couple months of working things out we are definetly doing good. Except I still worry about things and sometimes I feel like I still don't trust him as much as I should. I know its only been 10 months and it was a big deal. The trust is the hardest thing to work on. I am a very jealous person and I don't like him talking to any girls or even looking at any girls. But here is the curve ball for you he is deployed and I worry that he is either chatting with girls or looking at stuff he shouldn't be. He says hes not but I just get a feeling sometimes that he isn't being as honest as he should. I love my husband dearly and I would love to trust him as much as I did when we first got together. Any tips on building the trust again. Please no rude comments. Thanks for any advice you give.Anyone got any advice about trying to regain trust in the marriage?
wow i am going through the exact same thing!! I wish i had somewhat of an answer. Chances are he isn't doing a lot being deployed (my husband is too). The only thing i can think of is patience. If you cant get over what he has done over time, and he hasn't made a lot of improvement, maybe you need to move on. Of course i am still with my idiot husband so who am i to talk :)Anyone got any advice about trying to regain trust in the marriage?
Quite honestly looks like you need a guys perspective on this one. Your suspicions and your snooping will only make it worse. Badgering him about being faithful will probably drive him away further rather than bring him closer. While he has been unfaithfull the trust issue is now being pushed by you. Relax and let it go. Be his friend as well as his wife.
My husband cheated on me 10 years ago and it's taken me that long to trust him again. It's taken 8 years for the pain to stop and i will never forgive him because i think when you say you forgive them your saying it's OK that you cheated on me i forgive for breaking my heart and.
he needs to prove to u that he can b trusted by not acting shady and making sure he puts u first, although once trust is lost it is very hard to get back.
Go with your gut instinct. He's probably cheating up a storm....
Only time will tell about your husband being true to his word.....and time is what it takes to rebuild your trust in someone as well. It's been two years since I discovered my husband's affair. We worked things out also and are very happily married. However, I must admit that even though I feel like I trust him completely, there are still times when some doubt creeps into my mind about his faithfulness. And it's about stupid things.....not even stuff that should matter or point to infidelity. It's just hard not to have doubts sometimes once you have been betrayed. I have faith that as our relationship continues to grow even stronger and as time passes, that this wound will heal completely and I will never have any doubts again, but I know that there's no guarantee.





Just continue to be open and honest with your husband about everything. Always share your thoughts and feelings with him. Communication is definitely key.





Wishing you a very happy marriage! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment