Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Do you trust your feelings/instincts? Need Advice!?

Will you trust your instincts??I need a sensible advice...?





Assuming that you and someone you consider your significant other haven't been talking in almost a week now and you have no clue whether it is over or not, after having an emotional crisis which entails a lot of external circumstances that is happening especially on the part of the guy (amputation in 2wks time) and his emotional uncertainties, no matter how you try to convince yourself to move on, you can't because you feel it that it might not be over yet, would you trust your instincts?





I tried to wake up and try to find something that would make me feel better and forget about how wonderful our relationship was, but I just couldn't.. I feel so bad having this heavy feelings in my heart... Wondering, blaming myself, being lonely altogether. This is consuming me and all I do is pray.





Should I trust my instinct to keep holding on to him?








I do love him and he knows that I am not asking anything in return but the pleasure of his company and the laughter and good times we always have whenever we are together. He showed me how much he appreciated what I do for him in lots of simple ways and there wasn't a day that I doubted his intentions.Do you trust your feelings/instincts? Need Advice!?
He's having a double amputation soon? His legs? He's definitely undergoing some severe depression and a bit of an identity crisis over the upcoming amputation. When someone's depressed they will withdrawal even from the people they love and care about. It's only been a week that he's stopped talking with you. In the life of a long term relationship that's nothing.





Split from him only if he's unable to meet any of your needs. Are you wanting kids? Will he be able to provide that? Are you young and you feel that his upcoming amputation will make you his life long caregiver if you stay? Do you think you'll develop a resentment towards him for not being able to do all that you want to do together?





Those are legitimate questions that can be a deal breaker for this relationship, no matter how much you still love and care for him. Be honest with yourself. Even if it means you must be the 'bad' guy and end the relationship.





Trust me, if you stick to the relationship and harbor doubts and resentment he will pick up on it. Neither one of you will enjoy yourselves and in a few years time the two of you can grow bitter.





That said, if you can see yourself with him after his surgeries give the relationship another month and see how you feel then before deciding to end it.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment