Friday, April 30, 2010

My fiance says the fact that I don't take his advice means that I don't trust him. Do you agree?

Long story short, I am having car trouble and asked him for advice. This is an old car which I am planning to sell shortly. I got a cheap mechanic to look at it, he showed me the part that was broken and told me it needs to be replaced. My fiance wants me to take it to the dealer because he doesn't agree with what the mechanic said. Mind you, my fiance has not even looked at the car because he is not in the country. Neither of us is very knowledgeable about cars but he knows slightly more than I do.


I don't want to take it to the dealer because I don't have that much money to spend on it. He got completely p.o.-ed at me because I won't follow his advice and says that that means that I don't believe him and don't trust him. I don't understand how taking someone's advice or not reflects on your level of trust of that person. Many people give me advice and I don't always take all of it. Does it mean that I don't trust them??





He has made this a big issue between us, says that it is a problem in our relationship and all of it, when all I want is to get the car fixed as quickly and cheaply as possible so I can sell it.





Am I wrong for not doing what he says? I just don't understand the reasoning.My fiance says the fact that I don't take his advice means that I don't trust him. Do you agree?
everyone has their opinions and obviously not everyone has to agree. he's being immature and touchy about the subject. a lot of people need multiple opinions/advice just to make sure it's the problem. it doesn't mean you dont trust him; trust is completely irrelevant to the situation. it just means you're unsure about the problem since you and your fiance both are inexperience with fixing carsMy fiance says the fact that I don't take his advice means that I don't trust him. Do you agree?
This isn't about taking advice or trusting. It's about control. He wants it and it trying to get it. People like this only get worse. Not better. I'd take it as a clue to call off the wedding and move on unless you look forward to someone constantly telling you what to do.
He sounds like a controlling douche. You don't trust him for knowing you'll get hosed at the dealers? Geez.





Is this the only time this has happened? I'd be reconsidering marrying him if he is like this all the time.
You both sound very immature, him especially, this is not now adults should be acting.
he sounds like a jerk
1. Never trust a dealership they are grave robbers.


2. Stop telling your bf your problems (especially since he is not even around.


3. Realize if you give a man a problem he naturally thinks he has to solve it.


4. Tell him that you did as he said.





This is not a problem in just your relationship... it is a problem in all male-female relationships. Men love being the boss and being in control. Learn to keep mum and handle problems yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment