Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What advice do give your kids about making friends and trusting other people?

my parents didn't give me much advise, all that i can remember is that my mom would say that you can't really trust too many people.


what advice have you been told? and what advice would you give?What advice do give your kids about making friends and trusting other people?
That a real friend will not care about material things and will take you as you are. To respect others and treat people as you would like to be treated.





I have taught my kids that EVERYONE is different and that some of our differences are more noticable than others so to never ridicule another person for their differences.





Acceptance and Empathy.What advice do give your kids about making friends and trusting other people?
I tell my kids that your lucky to get one to just a few true friends through your whole life. People will use you and back stab you. You can forgive these people and not have to put yourself back in the same place with them. You live and learn. Also if I know someone if flat out trouble I will forbid them being around these people. This is my job as a parent. Hold on to the good true friends you get! Like I said you won't get many. Live and learn. You can give someone more than one shot but people are who they are and it is my experience that if they do you wrong more than twice you just have to forgive and cut ties.
my mom just said to stay away from the ppl you see getting in trouble a lot, the snobby ppl, and get to know the person before you trust them. I think it is just common sense to know this stuff but I do agree that parents really don't say anything..... until there is problems.
just trust your instinct, or the child's instinct. you will feel if the person is true or not. and be brave to say no or i dont like if you feel somethings not right.
that real friends are the ones who accept you and like you for who you are and you dont have to put on an act..


and that goes for relationships too.
My kids are both grown but when they were growing up since I have two girls I warned them both about boys thinking with their things instead of their brains. I also told them that they should never do anything that would lessen their pride in themselves. I stressed this over and over again as they were growing up and luckly both are collage grads and my youngest just got her Masters so it seems too have done the trick. The other thing that they always knew was that my love was unconditional but my respect was earned.

No comments:

Post a Comment