Friday, April 30, 2010

I have changed so much in my life for my father and yet he doesn't even trust or know who I am. Advice?

This isn't some crappy story of how my dad won't trust me, this is my life. I have been through so much. Lets just say before my dad sent me away for help I was a b****. I was addicted to drugs that my so called ';friends'; passed around at school. I couldn't stop. It was like they were apart of me. I also drunk alot. I would drink alcohol.I guess a lot of sex. I had done everything unimaginable that a teen could do. That was me. I was sent to boot camp for 6 months. Then to counsleing and rehab for 4 months. It was hell to me. But now I have changed. I have more confidence and appriciation for myself. My grades are up and I have lots of friends. Even anice guy who likes me. My dad doesn't see it that way. He still sees a messed up girl as his daughter. He won't let me go out with my bf. Cause he's afraid I might have sex. He won't let me have fun with my friends cause he's afraid I might do drugs or drink. He doesn't understand that I have changed. I just want him to see that. advice?I have changed so much in my life for my father and yet he doesn't even trust or know who I am. Advice?
I'm sorry that you've had such a hard time, because it's never our fault that we lose our innocence, we have so much influence around us we just can't help it, but that's part of growing up. However, sometimes it gets out of hand.





Will your dad talk to you? If you can get him to sit down, maybe you can explain to him how you have decided to turn your life around. Everyone deserves a second chance because everyone makes mistakes. He should be able to understand this, as it is his responsibility of being your father.





If he won't seem to listen, find another family member who will. Maybe it could be a friend, a teacher, a councilor, or spiritual leader if you can find one you can trust. Talk to them, get through your message, and see if they can get it through to your dad.





As I said, I'm sorry this happened, it's not all your fault and you shouldn't suffer any further. i hope you get through this.I have changed so much in my life for my father and yet he doesn't even trust or know who I am. Advice?
just wait until you move out the house and you have all the freedom in the world
Ask him to give you chances to prove yourself and earn back his trust over time. Make an agreement with him to do that.
My sister died and left behind four children two of them were boys who eventually ended up in the in the same boat you were in, so instead of their dad it was their granddad. He is rotten to them he eves drops on their conversations tells them their no good they, don't know how to treat woman, etc. I think if you have to listen to this 24/7 it will eventually drive you back to doing everything all over, have you talked to your dad? Is all you can do other than talking to your dad (keep your temper in check and be respectful) )letting how his distrust in you is hurting you,and go about your daily business showing you can be trusted
Sounds like some family counseling is in order. I'm surprised it wasn't part of your treatment. If you have any follow-up outpatient treatment, talk to that counselor and ask them for a family therapy session with your dad. I can see his point but he does need to give you at least one chance to prove you've changed.





And if you don't have any follow-up outpatient treatment, ask another adult to help, such as a friend's parent or your mother (if she's in the picture at all).





You could also write up a contract with him stipulating exactly what you will and will not do. Agree on the consequences or rewards beforehand. If you obey curfew and are not intoxicated, you should get the reward of being able to go out another time. Or whatever you and your dad come up with. You should both sign both copies of the contract and keep it in a safe place.





Good luck and congratulations on turning your life around so early.

No comments:

Post a Comment