Friday, April 30, 2010

BF Trust Issues and Scar Tissues... What's Your Advice?

I have been with my BF over 2 years. We've had some bad history together because he's cheated and lied to me in the past. He's wanting to work through what happened and reminds me how much he loves me, but I doubt him. He's kept secrets and it makes me nervous.





A couple weeks ago, he got my name tattooed on his chest. He told me how much he wanted to be with me forever and that I'm the only woman he wants in his life. He tells me he would never hurt me again, but deep down I don't believe him.





Does a tattoo have actual meaning or is it just to prove a point? And just because he wants me forever doesn't mean he doesn't want another woman ';once in a while'; right?





How can I trust him again? And how do I know fully when to stop?BF Trust Issues and Scar Tissues... What's Your Advice?
Kristen,





The tattoo on the chest is his own responsibility. Focus on trusting yourself and your own judgment. If you need some perspective, ask advice from friends, family and people whose opinions have produced positive effects in your life.





A relationship is about more than scarring ourselves with someone else's habits (or name, for that matter) Listen for what you can still learn from this relationship-- decide for yourself if you can still learn more. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment